This Coaching Agreement is part of the contract you enter into when you engage Sophia Pallas.
Please read it through carefully and get in touch if you have any questions – hello[at]sophiapallas.com or +61 421 356 714.
This agreement applies to copywriting and intuitive business coaching services provided by Sophia Pallas.
Trading as: SOPHIA PALLAS
ABN: 58 503 669 846
This Coaching Agreement (this “Agreement”), dated as of 7 January 2021 (the “Effective Date”), is by and between Sophia Pallas (“Coach”) and You (“Client”).
WHEREAS, Coach is in the business of providing coaching services related to Intuitive Business and/or Copywriting Coaching; and
WHEREAS, Client desires to retain Coach to provide said coaching services, and Coach is willing to perform such coaching services under the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth;
Coach and Client agree as follows:
- Client-Coach Relationship. An effective coaching relationship requires mutual understanding and respect between the Coach and the Client. That requires the parties to agree to some basic tenets of coaching, including:
Coach and Client agree to communicate honestly, to be open to feedback, and to make time and space to participate fully in the coaching sessions called for hereunder. Client specifically agrees to be open to coaching.
Coaching services are intended for individuals who are in generally good health, are generally well adjusted, are functioning effectively, and are not in need of medical treatment (including for mental health disorders). Further, coaching is not a substitute for therapy, counseling, psychoanalysis, medical treatment, substance abuse treatment, or the advice or services of a medical professional. It is the Client’s responsibility to seek independent guidance from medical professionals to the extent necessary.
By participating in the coaching, you agree to accept personal responsibility for the results of your actions. You agree that the Coach has not made any guarantees about the results of taking any action, whether recommended during any coaching session or not. You recognise that your ultimate success or failure will be the result of your own efforts, your particular situation, and innumerable other circumstances beyond the control and/or knowledge of the Coach.
2. Services. The parties shall engage in coaching meetings as purchased by Client that will be conducted via Zoom (video conferencing software). The Client shall be responsible for scheduling these coaching sessions at mutually agreeable times via the Coach’s booking system.
3. Fees. In consideration of the provision of the Services by the Coach, Client shall pay an agreed amount per session, which is due and payable at least 3 days prior to the booked coaching session. Payment to Coach of such fees shall constitute payment in full for the performance of the Services. The coaching sessions will begin after the payment is made.
4. Procedure and Scheduling. Coach and Client will agree to a mutually agreeable time for the coaching meetings, and it will be the Client’s ultimate responsibility to schedule the coaching meetings. Coach shall initiate the coaching call at the agreed upon time by starting the Zoom (video) meeting.
5. Cancellation Policy. You may not cancel an individual coaching session unless you do so at least 48 hours before it is scheduled to begin. Coach reserves the right to treat any meeting that Client misses or attempts to cancel less than 48 hours before it is scheduled to begin as part of the allotted coaching sessions.
6. Confidentiality. The Coach shall treat the relationship with Client, as well as all information shared by the Client, as confidential. Coach shall not disclose the existence of the relationship or any information shared during the coaching sessions without the Client’s written consent. This means that the Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
Client should be aware that a coach-client relationship does not give rise to privilege or any other legally protected confidentiality. That means that Coach could be ordered by a court to disclose information related to the relationship. Coach will notify Client of any legal request that would implicate Client’s information prior to disclosing it but may not be able to oppose disclosing the information.
Confidential Information does not include information: (a) known to Coach prior to Client disclosing it; (b) that is generally known to the public or in the industry; (c) obtained by Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; or (d) that is or was developed independently by Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information.
7. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL COACH BE LIABLE TO CLIENT OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE, OR PROFIT, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE WAS FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT COACH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
8. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, regarding such subject matter.
9. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
10. Amendments. No amendment to or modification of this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing and signed by each Party.
11. Waiver. No waiver by any Party of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the Party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
12. Relationship of the Parties. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
13. Choice of Forum. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally agrees that any dispute arising under or related to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively through a proceeding initiated in the courts in Queensland, Australia. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and agrees to bring any such dispute only in such forum. Each Party agrees that a final judgment by such courts is conclusive and may be enforced in other jurisdictions by suit on the judgment or in any other manner provided by law.
14. Choice of Law. This Agreement and any dispute arising out of or relating to it shall be governed by the laws of Australia.
15. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which is deemed an original, but all of which together are deemed to be one and the same agreement.
This Coaching Agreement is effective from the day you book and pay for this service.
If you have any questions about this agreement, please contact Sophia Pallas on +61 421 356 714 or email hello[at]sophiapallas.com.